11 Things You Can Learn Living Abroad.
It’s 2:28 AM where I’m at right now and before I jump into the bed, I wanted to write really quick some personal thoughts. I won’t bore you with details, I promise!
There’s a reason why I’m writing this to other fellow internet marketers.
Being an internet marketer and working from the same location more than 90 days, is not much different than working as an employee. You have to use all the advantages you have in your arsenal and one of the main advantages of running your own online business is: Travelling.
See, we (humans) have been trained early in life to believe that you have to be a millionaire to have time and mobility …. guess what? 7 out of 10 people who are millionaires are like prisoners (and sometimes slaves) in their own business working 24/7 trying to make more and more…and this is the Slave – Save – Retire model. I believe that if you have time and mobility in your life you can be called “rich” NO MATTER what number your bank account statement shows.
So I decided it was time to put my laptop in handbag, pack some pairs of jeans, t-shirts and boxer shorts and fly over to Serbia — exactly 60 days after returning back from Miami and Caribbean islands — and here’s what I learnt so far…
- When the system (goverment) becomes unfair, don’t try to get used to it. Just get into a new system (try a new country).
- Listening to bad news that are happening in your country while you’re away, makes you realize how much you love your country.
- It’s fairly easy to move and take a new place as your home.
- It’s easy to meet new people. Expat friends are easy to find. Local friends much harder.
- You’ll never be as local as the local people; keep your identity. Be yourself.
- People are surprisingly nice and helpful everywhere. (Ok, maybe I got lucky?! lol)
- Being abroad changes your perspective of where you originally come from.
- You miss your friends and family; it’s much harder to center your life without them
It’s not too hard to understand people from another culture. It’s actually interesting.
- Good and bad things can happen to you everywhere (even if you’re not travelling at all), but one thing I know for sure is that some countries would suit you better than where you originally born.
- More things soon:-)
Enjoy your life, respect your family and don’t afraid to try new things.
Did you enjoy this article?
Get Free Updates