How to Downgrade WordPress 3.5.x to Older Version
I love WordPress but their latest release (WordPress 3.5) has alot of issues! It is conflicting with TONS of functions, so if you upgraded to WordPress 3.5 and you want to downgrade to 3.4.2 or to an older version to get a plugin or a function work…here’s how to do that in 5 easy steps.
- Go get the older WordPress version here
- Go to plugins and deactivate all the plugins and log out
- Open up your FTP or cPanel FTP Manager and delete wp-admin and wp-includes folder. (DO NOT DELETE /wp-content folder!)
- Open the older WordPress version which you downloaded. Copy all the WordPress files and folders except wp-content. Do not copy wp-content folder.
- Now try to login to your WordPress dashboard and click on “Update WordPress Database”, then click on “continue” to login to your wordpress dashboard.
You have now successfully downgraded WordPress. Once you login you can see the overview of your current version.
Did you enjoy this article?
Get Free Updates