The Top 26 Things I Learned in 2011
For the past few years I’ve been secretly compiling a top things I learned list and I’m releasing this year’s list to the public! I broke up my top 26 list into 3 main categories: health, business and love.
As you can see, I’m not ashamed or hesitant to share what I’m all about and I hope that my learning will be insightful for you — and I’m looking forward to hear a thing or two of what did YOU learn in 2011 in the comments section below.
Top Things I Learned About Health:
- Every problem has expiration time. No problem is permanent.
- Most of the times problems has no power over you , YOU gave them the permission.
- Sometimes all you need is 10 seconds of insane courage to change your life.
- Instead of getting upset, ask yourself “What can I do to change this?”
- Decide for yourself if there are aspects of your life or your personality that you would like to change and do it.
- The reason that some people make you feel bad and they do it repetitive is because you’re weak! If you don’t stand for something then you’ll fall for everything.
- Choose people who teach you in a positive way rather than a negative one.
- Don’t accept to be the boxing bag of any person who has bad mood that doesn’t has to do with you. Demand respect, you deserve it.
Top Things I Learned About Business:
- Don’t sell your freedom for any amount of money. Better make enough just to live your life with as much freedom as possible than making millions and be a prisoner of your own business
- Character is more important than reputation. Character is who you are when no one is looking.
- Successful people study and admires the lives of other successful people. Likewise, to obtain maximum success, study the lives of real successful people who has been there and done that.
- The more problems and the bigger problems you solve in the world, the more money you make.
- Say yes to every opportunity to learn, grow and meet new people.
Top Things I Learned About Love:
- People who believes that love has an expiration date while they’re “in love”, they don’t know what a real love is.
- Learn how to say, “I’m sorry Dear. I was wrong, you were right. ” even if it is her/his mistake just for the sake of not getting into a fight.
- Be with someone who knows exactly what to do to KEEP you while you’re in relationship. Not someone who will realize it when they’ve lost you.
- Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone you love is to let them go…
- Try your best to save the relationship in ANY WAY you can as long you’re WITHIN the relationship. If it’s end, then it’s already a finished story end you have to move forward.
- If something bothers her, then listen up. When I am in a relationship I find myself to be more sensitive and trying to understand other person’s “buttons.” Even if it doesn’t make sense, try your best to respect her/his wishes.
- Ignore the toxic people, situations and dramas in your life. It is easy to recognize them. Their negative words when they get angry sap your energy, their behavior when they get drunk shows you their real face and inner thoughts.
- Losing your health to maintain your love, doesn’t work. Invest in yourself and if your top health status can’t help your love, nothing will help it.
- A real man puts his people and loved ones first – before his technology. Blackberry’s and iPads are not going to visit you at your funeral. (When I have a dinner, watch a DVD or spend some time with the person I care, I no longer open a laptop… if you never tried it, at least try it once.:)
- Whether you’re in a relationship or not, you want to be happy. I believe the number one ingredient for happiness, is by far, peace of mind! And those who don’t know how to KEEP the peace in your mind for long, they should go out of your life otherwise you’ll be out of your mind sooner or later.
- Distance yourself from couples who complain about their spouses and have unhealthy relationships.
Communication is key! Always make time to talk about the day and what things were encountered, any new goals or disappointments.
- Find a spouse that not only loves you but also who has the capacity to heal people otherwise YOU are in trouble.
- Follow your very first instinct and give your all… for 3 reasons. 1) just because you have to 2) just because you feel it 3) just because feeling guilty is the worst thing as it kills you every minute and every day in a slowly painful way.
I hope you enjoyed that…. I have been doing that every year since 2009 and it’s a very reflective time for me. I would love to hear which one stood out to you and what you learned in 2011. Leave your comments below.
Did you enjoy this article?
Get Free Updates